(also posted on MO site)
Samantha Mira was born on July 8, 2009, at 3:11pm, after only being in mom's tum for 7 months.
It was a quick, natural delivery, and she is already a series of miracles, and we would like to ask you to pray with us that she will continue to be.
Weighing 1.8 kilos at birth, and measuring 44cm, she, miraculously, didn't need to be incubated. For safety they gave her extra oxygen, but by the next day, they observed her to be strong and stable enough to not need it. Her systems are functioning normally and well. Her lungs are in good shape, and her cry bears loud witness of that. She has a strong sucking reflex, so she eats very well. The only little hiccup has been that an x-ray showed her to have a minor form of pneumonia, caused from her swallowing some amniotic fluids at birth. She is currently receiving antibiotics to clear it up, and is being kept in the hospital so the pediatrician can continue to observe her.
So, we'd like to ask that you specifically pray with us that
- the next x-ray (due to happen any day) will show that her lungs have completely cleared up
- that in the mean time, she'll continue to progress and grow strong and healthy
- that she won't get jaundice, since she for now has to stay within the sanitary confines of the nursery and can't go out in the fresh air and sunlight. If she does contract jaundice, she'll have to undergo photo therapy, which I can only imagine would be extremely expensive
- that the nurses and pediatricians taking care of her will do a good job, and will have gentleness and wisdom in their care of her
- that my milk will come in strong, and I won't have any problems extracting it, so that Samantha will be able to benefit from its nutrients
- there is also another little boy being incubated, his name is Nathan and he was born a month before at only 6 months, so technically, he's now her "age", although he looks like he has a lot more progress he needs to make and is much smaller than Samantha. Please pray that Samantha's presence, and the consequent spiritual power she brings with her (from all our prayers) will positively affect him and his growth and progress as well
- and I may as well throw in a prayer request for Aileen (our second daughter, who's 14 months old), she's been having a pretty steady cold that she isn't getting over. Though not serious, it is persistent, so please pray that it goes away as well, especially before we bring the new little tiny one home
Thank you so much for fighting with us in prayer. We have the greatest Doctor in the universe, and what He has begun, He will perfect! We love you, and keep you in our prayers as well!